Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MS Battle for the Belt changes
02-15-2012, 11:04 AM
MS Battle for the Belt changes
Battle for the Belt originally scheduled for the day after MS State has been changed. MS State results now will count toward the Battle of the Belt standings and the belt will be awarded that night. There will be no Middle School tournament the following day in Hunstville.

This is a good, common sense change. Too bad for the SWYO season kickoff I guess.

One thing that still needs to be changed is the weigh-in time for MS State is 4:00-4:30 at Grissom High School. School gets out at 3 pm. MapQuest shows that it takes 2 hours 5 mins from OMMS to Grissom HS but that doesn't take into account Friday night traffic, accidents, construction etc. This is impossible to do without checking your kids out of school very early. I'm pretty sure they won't accept a note from the Team Alabama board as an excused absence. Also a 30 minute window for weigh-ins with kids traveling that far is just not big enough to account for all the things that could go wrong.

With no MS tournament the next day, it is more reasonable to allow the MS State tournament to start and end later or move the tournament to Saturday.

With 12 board members, you'd think someone would have thought of this already.
Like Post reply
02-15-2012, 11:37 AM
RE: MS Battle for the Belt changes
Is the youth still the same?? I still do not see the tournament on track wrestling.
Like Post reply
02-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Looks like it's up now. http://www.trackwrestling.com/opentourna...ntId=82076
Like Post reply
02-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Information at dot net says that registration is only open until the 18th and the seeding meeting is the 19th. Track has a deadline of the 24th.

Wrestling is a great equalizer. Where else can you see a kid who weighs 106 pounds become the hero?

Not basketball, probably not baseball, certainly not football; but in wrestling you can. - re-phrased from Fredric Golding
Like Post reply
02-15-2012, 10:03 PM
The MS State tournament has the deadline of the 18th and seeding meeting on the 19th. Battle for the Belt is the next day and it's just for K - 6 now.
Like Post reply
02-16-2012, 09:03 AM
(02-15-2012 03:45 PM)MannysDad Wrote:  Looks like it's up now. http://www.trackwrestling.com/opentourna...ntId=82076

Getting my youngest son entered in this morning. Thanks.Big Grin
Like Post reply