Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hannah Gladden's moment (Video)
02-13-2012, 05:02 PM
RE: Hannah Gladden's moment (Video)
Now Tony, that was not right. Don't make me send my daughter over to your house to set you straight.
Like Post reply
02-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Actually, I had thought you said the women in the gym were being catty about a girl wrestling. A real lady isnt catty or prissy. A real lady is kind. As for God's opinion, well, no one can speak for him. Jesus loves all the lil children, so the song goes.

There was a time when black people werent allowed to compete due to stereotypes. Disabled folks werent allowed too.

My ONLY point is that wrestling is for everyone who is serious about the sport.

Anyone who has beef with that has issues period.

If my son came home in a dress n make up, it better be halloween.

funny, when my son was a ms kid, he wanted to do gymnastics & maybe be a "gymnastic" style cheerleader. His intentions were honest but our hs dpesnt have gymnastic style cheerleaders. So he did wrestling n football. He's a manly boy. He was comfortable enough in his own skin to do what he wanted for the right reasons, regardless of what people would think of him.
Like Post reply
02-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Wow, Red...just wow.

I have no problem with my kid wrestling a girl. I would never tell a parent, or a wrestler, who objected to wrestling a girl for personal reasons that they had issues and were raising their children wrong. What an assinine thing to say.

And, let me get this straight, someone does not want their son to wrestle a girl because they think close physical contact between children of the opposite sex is innappropriate has, in your opinion issues. But, someone who couldn't tolerate their own child cross dressing is just a good ol' manly man?

Wrestling is a great equalizer. Where else can you see a kid who weighs 106 pounds become the hero?

Not basketball, probably not baseball, certainly not football; but in wrestling you can. - re-phrased from Fredric Golding
Like Post reply
02-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Red wrote:[/quote]Actually, I had thought you said the women in the gym were being catty about a girl wrestling. A real lady isnt catty or prissy. A real lady is kind. As for God's opinion, well, no one can speak for him. Jesus loves all the lil children, so the song goes.

So a real lady cannot be too prim and proper? That is the definition of prissy. I guess you cannot be kind if you are prissy?

To be a real lady you must shun dresses, hair brushes,make-up, deo and just don't look pretty at all.

Real ladies change tires, chop wood, hunt, fish and chew tobacco. I get it!

I could care less if a girl wrestles. I don't like it and I think it is not proper. We have never forfeited to a girl. My son wrestled her and treated her just like every other wrestler. The difference between my son wrestling her and wrestling a guy was that I "almost" felt sorry for her. I have never "almost" felt sorry for a guy.

I only entered this conversation because I took offense at the obvious slam on "real women" or "real ladies". You slant your definition on what a lady should be based on what you are not.

As for no one being able to speak for God, you are right. He spoke for himself. It is called The Bible.
Like Post reply
02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Sorry Tony, you missed the boat on the definition of prissy. It has a negative conotation. Look it up.

I just laugh at the innappropriate touching part though. I'm like... its not ok for boys to wrestle girls because of some touching but it is ok for boys to touch boys, but no homo, ofcourse.

Its wrestling. Not kama sutra.

Its a sport. If Hannah is serious about her sport, which she is, who cares.

Go Hannah! Congrats on being the 1st. Doubt you will be the last.
Like Post reply
02-15-2012, 08:40 PM
So Red..are you saying that for most men there would be absolutely no difference in butt dragging Tom Brands as opposed to Jessica Simpson?

Acapulco is a spineless-coward.
Like Post reply